Wondering how to get rid of the creases in your shoes? Worry no more, as you have come to the right place. Well, to begin with, shoes are an obsession for many people. There are people around us who are obsessed with shoes and have a massive collection of them as well. But then again, the more one wears, the more creases the shoes will get. In this blog, we will be going into detail on how one is supposed to get rid of the creases occurring in their shoes, and many more things. So, let’s not waste time anymore and start scrolling down the blog to learn how to get rid of creases in shoes.
Table of Contents
How do creases form in the shoes?
Before knowing the ways how to get rid of the creases on your shoes, let’s know how the creases happen in the first place. Sneakers are generally made of cotton and other synthetic fibers, and it is normal for cotton to get creases. We bend our feet several times, which causes the creases. The creases generally go unnoticeable in the first phase, but as we start wearing the shoes more, it becomes clear.
Unlike shoes made of cotton and other types of material, leather is different. Leather shoes are costly, and it is itself a natural material. It is painful to see a new pair of leather shoes get creases so easily. Leather shoes tend to get creases from wearing them repeatedly. They get the creases from the heat and the moisture it gets.
How to Get Rid of Creases in Shoes?
So, now you know how your shoes are getting those unwanted creases. Let’s scroll down the blog to learn how to get rid of creases in shoes quickly and in easy ways.
This is the easiest way, and it is very much effective indeed. A hairdryer is something we all have in our homes, which means you don’t have to spend some extra penny. You can get rid of the creases on your new leather shoes with the help of this hairdryer method easily. First, make sure to keep your hairdryer 6-7 inches away from your shoes. In the next step, you will have to direct the airflow on the crease. If you do this, the shoe fibers will start to loosen up, which will help you get rid of the creases. Don’t get the hairdryer very close because your leather shoes will form cracks.
Iron is the most popular and effective way of getting rid of the creases in your shoes. Also iron is also something that is a mandatory thing in everyone’s house. Using the iron on your shoes to remove the creases is one of the easiest methods, and it is a very cheap method as well. Let’s check out the steps on how to remove creases from your shoes by using an iron.
Get iron and make sure it is rust-free for better results.
- Heat the iron properly before starting to use it.
- Get a clean piece of cloth and dampen it.
- Place that piece of cloth over the part where your shoes have creases.
- Put the iron over the cloth and heat that part. Make sure you are very gentle while doing this process. While you are heating, make sure you are keeping a check on the shoes to make sure nothing happens. Your shoe will be crease-free soon after.
3. Leather condition
It is not very necessary that you will have to heat your shoes every time you get a crease on them. You can get a leather conditioner which is available everywhere these days. It is easy to use and protects your shoes as well. The steps of using a leather conditioner over the creases are easy as well. Here are the steps.
- Get a clean piece of cloth first.
- Apply a small amount of the leather conditioner to it.
- Apply it on the creases of your shoes gently.
- Get another clean cloth and wipe off the leftover conditioner from the shoes.
4. Wet cloth
If you are lacking any of the materials mentioned above and it is an urgent situation, chill down a bit. It is probable for one to miss out on a few items; in that case, all you need is a clean piece of cloth. Get some warm water in a bowl. Damp the piece of cloth and then put that over the creases of your shoes. It will provide moisture to the shoes, which will help loosen the shoes’ fibers. The creases will be gone soon after. Make sure to wipe off the shoes later with a dry cloth.
5. Shoe tree
This is one of the methods used these days, and they are very effective as well. Shoe trees are available online and in stores as well these days, so getting them wouldn’t be a hassle for anyone. All one will need to do is put the shoe tree inside the shoe so the shoe is tightened in every way. One can use an iron over it after that or a wet cloth as this will make the process of smoothing the creases easier than one thinks.
6. Rubbing Alcohol
This is one of the materials that can be used as well to remove the creases from your shoes. All you need to have is a spray bottle to make the process easier. Get the spray bottle filled with water and rubbing alcohol. Make sure to keep the spray bottle away 5-6 inches from the shoe and then spray on the creases. Spray only where there are creases. After you have sprayed, you can massage the crease with your hand or a piece of cloth. This will help in flattening the creases. In this way, the fabric of your shoe will be softened, and the creases will be flattened as well.
7. Ice cubes
This is an exciting way to remove the creases of your shoes. The ice cubes will help in constricting the fibers, which will help in smoothening the creases on your shoes. The process is very easy, and it is cheap as well. Get a clean piece of cloth and put some ice cubes on it. You can put this cloth on the areas where your shoe has gotten wrinkles and creases. You can leave it for a few minutes until the wrinkles smoothen up. Finally, you can use a dry cloth later to remove the extra water from your shoes.
How to prevent your shoes from getting creases?
We have already discussed how to get rid of the creases, then let’s talk about how to prevent one as well. As the proverb goes, ‘Prevention is better than cure. Let’s discuss some of the ways which can help us in preventing creases and wrinkles from forming in our shoes.
- Proper fit- To prevent your shoe from getting creases, the first step of yours should be to get yourself shoes that are a proper fit. While you are buying shoes, you can take a walk around the shop. This will help you to make sure of the fact that the shoe is a proper fit.
- Storage- Often, people are careless while storing their shoes. Shoes are something that should be maintained properly or will get damaged. You can say that shoes are a kind of thing that is high maintenance. You can keep your shoe in the shoe box itself if you want. you need to make sure that the shoe box is large enough and spacious enough. Don’t keep any slippers or any other shoes on top of one. This can cause wrinkles and creases.
- Shoe tree- You can put a shoe tree inside your shoes when you are not wearing them. This is one of the easiest and most convenient ways to prevent your shoes from getting creases or wrinkles. Shoe trees absorb moisture which helps in preventing creases. The creases form because of the excessive moisture in the shoes.
- Leather conditioner- No matter how much one takes care of, a small wrinkle or a small crease starts to form. This happens because of wearing it a good number of times. So, make sure to use a leather conditioner immediately when you see a small wrinkle. This will help in the prevention of larger creases.
I hope you like our blog – how to get rid of creases in shoes and it is relevant to the search that you have made. As we now know, shoes are very much important for us. They complete our dress, and proper shoes are very important as well. Creases or wrinkles put a spot in our dressing sense. So, one should take proper care of their shoes and make sure to prevent any wrinkles from forming on them. You can buy a shoe tree and leather conditioner to use when needed.
Marlene Anthony is a passionate word knitter who aims to explore all spheres as a content creator. Writing gives her utmost happiness as it helps her explore herself and pour her vision and thoughts into words. Besides, she spends time reading, exploring the mountains, and designing her home during her leisure time, making the most of her available options.