Guest post by Event Supply Shop
It is not always easy to plan a DIY wedding since there is a long list of things that you have to take care of. However, these are the types of the wedding that create a lot of memories to cherish and also takes care of the budget department as well. Keeping in mind about a few things while planning out your wedding would definitely help you achieve the best output which your guests would love. As there are a lot of different things to manage in a DIY wedding you need to first organise everything that you want to try out, might be time taking but it’ worth every bit. Here are some handy tips that would help you design the perfect DIY wedding.
- Make use of the space – There are a very few people who get to choose their desired wedding space, especially in the cities. So if you have been lucky enough to find a large place, make good use of it.
- Use a grand entrance to make your wedding venue appear catchy to your guests.
- Get larger decorative items for the location to fill out most of the space.
- Make sure that you have a long aisle to make the wedding look grand.
- Decorate wisely – Needless to say, this is probably the first thing that you would be requiring to plan out. But efficient and effective decoration is a must in a DIY wedding. There are a few factors that would be affecting this.
- Stick to the theme if you are following one. A themed DIY wedding can go wrong if you use items or colours which are not relevant.
- Classic cutlery and napkins would enhance the look and feel of your venue. You can either go for an independent choice of these items or stick to your theme according to your choice. You might want to find out more about napkins for making a better choice.
- Show your creativity on the chairs and tables – The chairs and tables being the most observed objects at your wedding, would be a great option to channelize creativity. Use barrels in place of tables to add a vintage or retro touch to it. You can also make use of certain decorative pieces for the chairs like rose petals, lights and whatever that goes with the overall decoration. You should take a look at all the available decoration product options for this task.
- Centrepieces steal the show – This is an established fact that centrepieces steal all the attention in the room. They enhance the look of your wedding a lot and you would not have to cut down your budget on other things for it either. This is the perfect decoration for a DIY wedding that takes care of the budget well.
- A centrepiece can be a shiny crystal hanger or even a simple glass jar that has flowers in it. It is up to your overall decoration, whether you should go for something flashy or something simple.
- There is a slight possibility that the centrepiece might just be odd, so make sure to place it well.
- DIY String lights – These string lights are made out of copper wires and can be a great tool for decoration at your wedding. Especially if you are arranging a dinner, you can place this at somewhere that would complement the other decorations at your venue. Have a look at how to prepare such lighting arrangements if you are not familiar with them. They are pretty easy and cheap too.
- Ceremony location needs focus – Two souls taking vows to be with each other’s joy and sadness for life, absolutely magical is not it? This explains why the ceremony needs to be decorated well.
- You can use rose petals and assorted flowers for that area to make it look attractive.
- Good lighting does not hurt, right? Make sure this part of the wedding venue is well lit. Not just because you would be having the best photographs here, but because everyone in your guest list would be hooked at this part.
- Add decorative pieces that hold a special place in the hearts of the groom and bride.
There are a lot of other ways to design a DIY wedding, you can also try and create something out of the box as well. Make sure you check out various other ideas to design a DIY wedding to take inspiration from before getting right at it.
Author Bio: Event Supply Shop is where DIY-ers, penny pinchers with a flair for high-quality, and event planners get their products. Event Supply Shop will be here for all of your event needs. Our blog helps newly-engaged couples plan the perfect future together.