Getting married is one of the best moments of one’s life. It is the union of two people who wish to spend the rest of their lives together. Thus, it is a really important event as well. And if you get invited to go to one, you want to look and feel your best. After all, you as a guest get to look good and enjoy a good party.
Whenever you get a wedding invitation, your first thought is to check if you’ll be able to go. And the next thought is what you’re going to wear. This particular concern makes you go through innumerable stores in search of the perfect guest outfit. And finding Men Wedding Guest Outfit is especially difficult.
Whether you are looking for guest outfits for yourself or a male person in your life, it’s truly a struggle to find the right one. If you are having a hard time finding the appropriate Men Wedding Guest Outfit, we are here to help you out. Keep reading to find out.
Table of Contents
How to know which Men Wedding Guest Outfit To pick?
While some people have a clear idea of what to wear when not everyone can figure it out that easily. But not to worry, we have made a guide for you to follow, so you can decide what to pick for a Men Wedding Guest Outfit.
The guide we have prepared for you is according to how formal or informal a wedding is going to be.
1. Fancy or formal Men Wedding Guest Outfit
These are usually weddings where everything is grand. It’s true that grand doesn’t always mean formal, but at times, these weddings have a lot of guests. And you’re expected to dress in formal attire.
- The most common way of dressing for a formal wedding is to wear a white tie suit. This is also a safe one because grooms are not really seen to wear white tie suits. Now dressing up in a white tie suit basically means wearing a white bow-tie with a white shirt and vest but a black suit. The only rule here is that you have to go as expensive as you can. And to make it even more formal, one is advised to wear cuff links and studs. It goes without saying that you should wear dress shoes but choosing leather as the material will elevate your outfit further.
- Another option you can seek out when it comes to the formal Men Wedding Guest Outfit is a black bow-tie suit. This isn’t much different from the previous, except you wear a black tie instead. When it comes to the suit, it should be black. The best thing to do would be to wear a tuxedo and look the sharpest.
- Lastly, we have the black tie casual, which is still formal but has a little flexibility. The base of this attire is a very formal black tie, but you can pick a suit instead of a tuxedo. And the suit doesn’t need to be black; it can be of any dark color such as navy or dark grey. But, you should still pick your most expensive suit. You shouldn’t really go casual with the accessories as it is still a formal wedding and go as classy as possible.
2. Semiformal Men Wedding Guest Outfit
This is a much more relaxed sort of dressing. There aren’t many rules, and you can have a little fun even when you have to be somewhere formal.
- Beach weddings have been almost a trend in the past few years. There’s a high chance of getting invited to a beach wedding at least once in your life. And these weddings are usually semi-formal affairs. Hence, you can wear floral shirts with plain trousers. At times, for beach weddings men also prefer wearing shorts that go up to their knees. And indeed it looks quite smart.
3. Casual Men Wedding Guest Outfit
As the name suggests, it’s plain casual. There’s no need to wear a suit or a tie. You can wear a button-down with dark slacks or even dark denim. Sometimes at casual weddings, people are even seen in t-shirts. But don’t show up in a random graphic t-shirt. You can wear a polo with denim and sneakers. This kind of attire is casual but don’t show up too casually because, at the end of the day, it’s still a wedding.
Our suggestions seem to work for almost all weddings, but you might have to consider other options if the wedding is not a Christian or Jewish one. But there are multiple cultures in the world with various kinds of wedding attires. For instance, at a traditional Indian, Nigerian or Scottish wedding, the bride and the groom don’t wear a suit and gown. Hence, even guests dress up according to the culture of the bride or groom or both.
If you happen to get invited to a wedding where the culture is different from yours, try to consult with the bride and groom about what you should wear. It is a way you can show respect to their culture and traditions and leave a good impression.
Men Wedding Guest Outfit Tips
- Colour blocking the outfit that you’re going to wear to a wedding is an excellent way to style yourself. By color blocking, we suggest you wear contrasting colors. You must have seen two colors and thought that they belonged to totally different color palettes. One can create an amazing outfit by pairing such contrasting colors. This is why a white shirt with a black suit is a classic. And so is a light pink polo with a grey suit.
- Accessories are important to make your outfit impressive, but they should also look effortless. Don’t overdo the look by adding too many of them. For instance, you can add loafers and sunglasses for a beach wedding but nothing more than that. Adding just the important accessories will make you look effortlessly handsome.
- If you are invited to a wedding being held in the country, don’t carry outfits of just dark color. The countryside calls for a rustic look, something simple yet effective. The best picks for a countryside wedding would be sage green and rich brown suits along with collared shirts. You can wear dress shoes at these weddings but choose earthy colors like beige and brown.
- Printed ties are great accessories if you are going to a semiformal wedding or a casual one. A printed tie is sort of formal but still fun. It can take your monochromatic outfit from simple to interesting.
- Fall weddings or even fall-themed weddings have become really popular in recent times. If you happen to be invited to one, we recommend you choose se specific colors for your outfit. Shades of orange, brown, and even yellow are great picks for an autumn wedding. Adding any of these colors to even one part of your outfit will make you look ten times better.
Figuring out Men Wedding Guest Outfit can be a hard task and takes a lot of research. But we hope to have given you a precise idea of how to style yourself if you are going to a wedding as a guest. Plan your outfit according to the formality level and theme of the wedding. And do not forget to accessorize your outfit accordingly.
If you found this article helpful, let us know what you thought of it in the comments below.
Marlene Anthony is a passionate word knitter who aims to explore all spheres as a content creator. Writing gives her utmost happiness as it helps her explore herself and pour her vision and thoughts into words. Besides, she spends time reading, exploring the mountains, and designing her home during her leisure time, making the most of her available options.