A marketing strategy is necessary for the success of any project. This is especially true in the 21st century, because today opportunities are growing thanks to Internet technology and competition among businesses. To start active operations, every responsible company should create logo – an image, a word or a set of letters that should convey specific messages to potential customers in a visual format.
What depends on a logo?
A logo influences the level of brand attention among potential customers. Two critical outcomes depend on which fonts, colors and creative elements are used in a logo:
- How quickly the brand gains popularity. Some companies don’t spend money on advertising because their logo goes “viral,” and it’s enough to attract a large number of customers. You can add a word or figure to the logo that will evoke associations with prominent events or will be important emotional triggers. That way, most potential customers will see something familiar in your logo and will trust your products.
- Will your brand stand out from the competition. If you are opening a coffee shop in the center of the city, where there are already 50 successful coffee shops, you need your own special style that can make you stand out among your competitors. With a logo, that feature can be a visual style that emphasizes your uniqueness.
What is a quality logo?
A quality logo should have features that will make it interesting for more customers and ensure the company’s success. Marketers highlight several of the following principles:
- Conciseness and minimalism – world-famous brands such as Nike, Adidas, McDonald’s do not use a large number of colors or words on their logos. On the contrary, customers are easier to remember the logo and the name of the company if they evoke bright associations and are not overloaded with different elements.
- The logo should not have an “expiration date” this means that it is not desirable to use elements that point to a specific year or time for effective results. It can be a trending color of the year/font that is only relevant in a certain period/figure or other visual elements. If a company has to constantly change its logo, it doesn’t succeed with customers, because they don’t have the ability to remember any one visual brand concept.
- Customers need to understand at a glance what area of goods or services your business offers – the logo should reflect both in color, name, and other visual elements of what your brand does. This will help you attract more of your target audience and make your advertising campaign easier, because customers will be able to tell in a few seconds that they are interested in your product.
- Uniqueness is the most important feature of any logo for brand success – when potential customers look at the logo of a store, cafe or business, they should not have an opinion of any other brand. Copying the successful marketing concept of one’s advertising is a step toward low popularity. Plagiarism has negative consequences not only because of copyright infringement, but also because customers will ignore your products or services. Audiences pay attention to the level of quality, creativity, and responsibility when they first encounter a brand, and uniqueness for these qualities is essential.
Thanks to these features, your logo will be successful, and its success will contribute to the progress of business development.
Stages of designing a logo for your brand
Logo design is a process that combines both creative and analytical thinking. You need to combine creativity with strategy so that the result influences customers on both rational and emotional levels. To do this, combine the following logo design steps:
- Answering the question about your product or service: before you create a logo, you need to understand the purpose and values of your brand. What can it do for your audience? Why should the customer choose your product or service? What problems can your products solve? What are the main strengths of your competitors that you will need to compete with in the product marketplace? When you answer these questions, you will perceive your business differently. With a rational approach and strategy, it will be easier for you to get in tune with your creative process and evaluate the level of implementation of your business plans.
- Market research and the creativity of your competitors: this step is important so that you find inspiration and familiarize yourself with examples of other logos before creating a logo for your brand. By reviewing 100s of other companies’ logos, you can generate creative ideas, learn to spot logo mistakes and start working on your own project.
- Only after you become familiar with a large number of your competitors’ logos and learn the basic rules for creating visual content for a business can you begin to design your own logo. At this stage it is recommended to work with professional designers or at least on quality online platforms. Note that your logo should reflect the values, images and content of your business. Customers should understand at a glance what products or services you offer. Not only is minimalism in the use of different elements important for this, but also the right choice of fonts and colors for the logo.
- Once the logo is created, it needs to be refined. For maximum effect, it should be minimalistic, clearly reflect the values of the company, be remembered and evoke positive associations for customers. At the stage of editing the logo, you should pay attention to whether it does not have unnecessary elements that reduce the level of readability, whether it will not lose its relevance in 2-3 years, whether it does not have a lot of colors. If you analyze every detail of your logo, you can improve it to the best look.
These steps will help you organize your logo design for your business faster and better. Remember that every element is important to the success of your brand, so don’t rush, but take responsibility for every step of the job.