Spotify is a service that allows users to listen to music online and is available in over 60 countries. Spotify offers two plans: an ad-supported free version and paid plans that would enable offline listening, higher quality audio, and other features. Learning how to add friends on Spotify will help you share your music interests and playlists you created with your favorite people.
The Different Features that Spotify Offers
Spotify offers a variety of features that help users find new music, share it with friends, and discover new artists. Some of these features include:
- Discover Weekly – a playlist created by Spotify’s editorial team every week with up-to-date songs from the best new releases.
- Follow Friends – enables you to follow friends and see what they’re listening to on Spotify. This feature will also let you know when they listen to your favorite song or artist.
- Connect With Friends – this allows you to connect with your Facebook friends who have already signed up for Spotify and follow their playlists.
- Social Media – allows you to share what you’re listening to on Spotify with friends on Facebook and Twitter.
How to Add Friends on Spotify with These 4 Easy Steps
Spotify is a popular music streaming service in the world. It has over 100 million users and over 20 million paying subscribers. With these numbers, it is no surprise that Spotify has become a social media platform for many people to connect with their friends. Learn how to add friends on Spotify in four easy steps:
Step 1: Open up Spotify on your computer, tablet, or phone and tap the Friends icon in the top-right corner of your screen.
Step 2: Tap Add Friends from here and enter the email address of your friend that you want to add on Spotify. After that, tap Done when you are done entering their email address.
Step 3: You’ll now be on a new screen where you’ll see who you’re connected with. On your left is the list of people you are friends with, and on your right, there’s an option to add more friends. If there are no other people that are not already connected to your account, then tap Done when finished adding people.
Step 4: If you want to see what’s playing on your profile, tap the My Activity tab.
Why is Socializing Spotify Account Important?
The social media platform has so much to offer. With the help of social media platforms, we can connect with people from all over the world. If you want to socialize your Spotify account more, make sure to connect it with Facebook!
Socializing your Spotify account is a good idea and a necessity if you want to grow your music library. The apparent reason for this is that by sharing your library, you can connect with other people and build a large music community.
As you learn how to add friends on Spotify, look at the other reasons why you must socialize your Spotify account.
- Discover new music on Spotify: It’s easy to find new music that you like by listening to the playlists made by your friends. You can also find more songs by adding people with similar tastes to yours.
- Create playlists: Creating playlists with specific songs, artists, or genres becomes easy. This is an excellent way for you and your friends to share some of their favorite songs and discover new ones together!
How to Share Playlists with Friends?
Now that you learned how to add friends on Spotify, let us see how you can share your playlists with your friends. The following are the steps:
- You can use the Spotify app or the desktop version.
- First, select the playlist that you like to share with your friends.
- Then, click the three-dot menu button at the top to open the options menu.
- Select “Share” from the options and again choose the “Copy link to playlist” option.
Now, you can send the copied link to your friends.
Is It Possible to Collaborate on Playlists?
How to add friends on Spotify gives you a fun way to enjoy music wherever you are and whenever you like, and on any device. You have seen how you can share a playlist and enjoy your favorites with your friends. Likewise, the other entertaining way to share a Spotify playlist is by creating a collaborative playlist. With this, you and the person you are collaborating with can add songs to create the playlist.
The steps to collaborate on a playlist is as follows:
- Right-click on an existing playlist to create a new one and choose the “Collaborative playlist” option.
- You will notice an icon beside the new playlist that states it is collaborative.
- You can share it with your friends by sending the link. You can copy the playlist link by clicking the three-dot menu and selecting the “Share” feature. Here, click the “Copy link to playlist” option.
Can I Find Friends on Spotify?
Spotify gives you the chance to find friends. Yes, you can find friends using Spotify and follow them to see and listen to the content they are listening to. You can search for friends using the following steps:
- First, open the settings application on the app or the desktop version.
- Then, click “View profile.”
- Next, click the three-dot menu button and select “Find friends.”
- If you have already linked your Facebook account with Spotify, you will see all those who are using Spotify.
- From the list, you can continue to add friends or follow people on the list to listen to their playlists.
Learning how to add friends on Spotify will help you expand your playlists. Not only would you be sharing your favorite songs and artists, but you will also listen to those that are your friends’ favorite. Also, when you create a collaborative playlist, you will enjoy it even more! The sharing feature on Spotify is a blessing! Start using it and enjoy different playlists.