There are very few people who don’t know about this British Royal Family member, the Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markle. She’s graceful and beautiful and, of course, a public figure. Besides being a British Royal family member, Meghan Markle is an actress as well and is brilliant at her work. She got married to Prince Harry on 19th May 2018. The wedding dress that Meghan wore is still a matter to talk about cause it’s absolutely gorgeous. If you want to know each and every detail of Meghan Markle wedding dress, then keep on reading this article till the end.
Meghan Markle Wedding Dress
The wedding dress was designed by renowned fashion designer Clare Waight Keller, the artistic director of the fashion house Givenchy. The dress is beautifully made as it is considered the most thoughtful wedding dress. Now you might be wondering why it is considered a ‘thoughtful’ wedding dress! Let’s now take a close look at her wedding dress.
The designer was chosen by Markle. Clare was a talented and leading British Fashion Designer, and she wanted to portray her talent and wanted to highlight her success and the fame she got. She worked with three globally renowned fashion houses such as – Pringle of Scotland, Chloe, and Givenchy. She’s currently working with Givenchy.
The dress is often considered a ‘timeless minimal elegance ' for the added designs and the minor thoughtful details the dress carries. Markle helped and cooperated with Clare a lot during the dress was made, and it turned out to be as amazing as they expected. The dress was sewn in Paris by a small team. The time taken to make the dress was 5 months.
Before Clare started designing the dress, she signed a pact where she was kept away from telling that she was chosen to design Meghan’s dress.
Pact For Signing Meghan Markle Wedding Dress
The dress was a simple white dress and looked absolutely stunning. The dress was made out of silk with three-quarter sleeves and a triple skin organza skirt. The neckline was an open boat design, and the dress had no other embroidery or designs on it. A sleek A-line dress. The main attraction is the vail of the dress that had minor detailing to it. The vale was 5 meters long and was hand embroidered. It had several small flowers embroidered on the hem.
Honestly, there’s a fact that later came out that the Vail took more time than the dress itself. The designers spent 500 hours completing this Vail. Wheat was embroidered, but besides that, Meghan chose more flowers for embroidery. She chose the wintersweet flower that grows outside the Nottingham cottage where Prince Harry and she lived. The next flower was California Poppy, where she was born. Along with that, there were approximately 53 types of individual flowers from different countries that expressed their interest in the Commonwealth. Some of the flowers were – Indian Lotus, white water lily from Bangladesh, Jasmine from Pakistan, Bougainville from Grenada and Zambia, bunchberry from Canada, queen victoria water lily from Guyana, rose – flax – daffodil- thistle from England, golden Wattles from Australia, etc.
Facts about Meghan Markle’s Wedding Attire
There is a lot of facts about this iconic wedding dress that you need to know. The whole world stared deeply at her dress, and why not! It is worth it.
- Meghan Markle’s gown cost around 100,000 euros. It is also said that she paid on her own for her wedding dress.
- A piece of a blue dress was sewn into the dress. This was the dress she wore on her first date with prince Harry.
- It took multiple hours to work on the flowers on her veil, and each worker worked hard meticulously to bring out the aesthetic and smooth design.
- Wheat as a crop was embroidered on her wedding dress with the flowers. It is said that the wheat and the flowers together represent love and charity.
- The veil was 16ft long, and the embroiderers washed their hands every 30 minutes to keep the thread white, clean, and pristine.
- A dress or an outfit is not complete without shoes. The shoes were also given by the fashion house Givenchy.
- Her Tiara is customizable and got 10 detachable diamond brooch.
- She wore Lady Diana’s Emerald Cut Aquamarine ring on her right hand. She paid honor to her late mother-in-law in this way.
- Meghan picked a silk Cady dress without any embellishments like laces, designs, rhinestones, or anything. The dress cost significantly less than any other royal princess.
- The tiara that Meghan chose was Queen Mary’s tiara which is prince Harry’s great-grandmother.
Controversy Behind Meghan Markle’s Wedding Dress
The beauty and fashion industry had commented a lot of things about the wedding dress of Markle. It was not only about choosing the designer but it was about the design of the garment and the garment itself. Read further to know each and every bit of it.
Queen Elizabeth II was astonished to know the color of the wedding gown. In fact, Meghan Markle got married for the second time as she is a divorcee. According to traditional beliefs, a bride who’s remarrying needs to wear a blush-hued or off-white wedding dress.
According to the daily mail, a designer said that Keller stole the design of the wedding dress. Emilia Wickstead claimed that the design was stolen from one of her designs. As we all know that the top pick designer for Meghan was supposed as Emilia. But Meghan chose Clare for designing her wedding dress. The lines carried on with the fitting of the dress, which Emilia thought was way too loose. Though later on, Emilia posted on her Instagram account exclaiming that she was saddened by the commentary that appeared in the press. The design is not copied or stolen, and she has the utmost respect for Clare and the house of Givenchy.
Hopefully, the article was informative, and it was relevant to your hunt. For more informative and useful content, subscribe to our newsletter. Till the next time, take care and stay safe, you all.