Private school in LA
Many foreign students strive to enter to one of the private schools in Los Angeles. Enrollment in private schools is a huge step and contribution to the academic success of international students who want to continue education at the best universities in the world. Top private schools in Los Angeles offer a variety of educational programs, combining academic and extracurricular blocks. 24-hours safety and supportive, healthy environment for foreign students are one of the main priority at the best private schools in LA. Besides, list of advantages of studying at private schools also includes:
- Personal attention to each students;
- Well qualified educational staff;
- Small educational groups;
- Rich extracurricular activities – different sports, circles of interest, excursions.
Studying in Los Angeles is a guarantee of the quality of education, its prestige and demand. A warm climate and a large number of sunny days a year cause the popularity of summer and seasonal camps for studying in the city. A large number of sports, leisure and extracurricular activities and excursions are waiting for foreign students.
Main advantages of education in the USA
- Tuition fee depends on different aspects: chosen educational program, accommodation options, additional services. The cost of education in the USA can be quiet affordable, which may surprise.
- Different educational programs, adopted to different categories of international student. The education system in the USA provides for the study of only academic disciplines during the first years of study, specialization in the chosen direction begins later. Shortened educational programs have been developed especially for international students, providing for education for no more than two years, which can be quiet normal for the students budget.
- If a student has achieved high results in sports, music, visual or dance arts, then tuition fees at a leading university in America may be reduced or free of charge. Talented international students can have a special discount for tuition fee (from 20% to 100%).
- Simple and standardized enrollment procedure for international children. The overwhelming majority of US universities are not being picky in the assessment and consideration of applicants.
- A large variety of additional educational courses. If the level of language is not enough, foreign students can pay attention to the language courses offered by most prestigious universities in the United States. Upon completion of the course, students receive an international TOEFL language certificate.
- Combining work and study – having a visa in hand, a foreign student has the right to combine university studies and work, which is quite well paid. During the holidays students can practice a full-time employment
- Flexible admission schedule. Educational year begins in September. Enrollment procedure at the best universities of
Los Angeles, USA, is carried out three times a year:
- A great opportunity to get acquainted with new countries – the vast majority of prestigious universities in the USA have signed agreements with many educational institutions located in other countries, thereby implementing student exchange.
Best private schools in Los Angeles: enrollment procedure for international students
In order to get into private schools, it is necessary to follow certain rules and collect the necessary documents. Despite the fact that the school year in America begins in September, the acceptance of applications, as a rule, ends in January-February of this year, and the lists of students for next year are ready around March-April. List of documents for successful enrollment to the best international schools in Los Angeles:
- Report card for the last 2-3 years from current school;
- A copy of 1 page of the passport with a photo;
- Characteristics from several teachers or director;
- Certificates, diplomas in various fields of activity;
- Motivation letter;
- The results of the English language proficiency test;
- Personal interview or via Skype.
Most often, US educational institutions accept TOEFL or SAT results, foreign students may need to pass a personal interview or an exam of the private school in America. The test scores should be high enough: if the level of knowledge of the English language is considered insufficient, the child will be offered to take a supportive language course. Also, a special exam can be offered to test the level of knowledge in basic school subjects.
Best Private Schools in Los Angeles: ratings
List of top private schools in Los Angeles:
- Harvard-Westlake School;
- Wildwood School;
- The Thacher School;
- Flintridge Preparatory School;
- Berkeley Hall School;
- Le Lycee Francais de Los Angeles;
- Pilgrim School;
- Fusion Academy Los Angeles;
- Fusion Academy Miracle Mile;
- Fusion Academy Pasadena;
- Stratford School – Los Angeles;
- Angeles Workshop School;
- Archer School For Girls;
- Arete Preparatory Academy;
- Blind Children’s Center;
- Brentwood School;
- Camelot Kids Preschool and Little Knights;
- Cathedral High School;
- Center For Early Education;
- Cheerful Helpers Therapeutic School;
- Creative Mind Preschool;
- Curtis School;
- Frederick KC Price III Christian Schools;
- Gindi Maimonides Academy;
- Holy Name Of Jesus School;
- Holy Trinity School;
- International School Of Los Angeles – Los Feliz;
- John Thomas Dye School.