A wedding is one of the most important functions in a life. Everyone wish to have a grand fairytale sort of wedding. But don’t you think finalizing a wedding venue is quite a tedious task?
Well of course it is! Though there are ample factors which should be kept in mind before booking a wedding hall. Actually, it is a never-ending task. You can also consider for taking a chalet for rent.
So in order to avoid any sort of last moment confusions and mismanagement, we have compiled a list of very important factors which if considered before selecting the wedding hall can do wonders.
- Availability of the Venue
First and foremost thing is to check if the venue is available for booking or not. If you wish to book a chalet, make sure you have applied for its booking first. If the venue is not an available or wedding day, you can book it for the wedding reception party.
- Size of the Venue
Before coming for finalizing the wedding venue, you need to determine the number of people who are expected to attend the wedding function. If you are going to have a small function, you can also take a house on rent. The venue should be big enough to have a comfortable moving space for the guests. Make sure that the venue has restrooms and changing room as well.
This is the most important factor. Everything revolves around the funds available with you. Before finalizing the wedding venue or book rest house it is better to determine your budget first. Allocate your funds into decoration, catering, wedding rituals, etc. It is always recommended to have some money handy in case of any last minute requirements.
If you are planning to provide accommodation for your guests who are invited to the wedding, then select a venue with relevant facilities. This usually happens at a destination wedding. You can rent a place where you can entertain your guests as well as conduct the wedding rituals peacefully. Determine the number of room you will be required to book and then start hunting for a wedding venue.
- Location and accessibility
Make sure that the wedding venue is accessible easily for the guests. This is an important factor because nobody wants to trouble their guests. You can incorporate a location map on your wedding cards if required. Try avoiding finalizing a venue in the vicinity of the town only.
- Back up Plans
Always have a backup plan for a wedding function. There are various unexpected occurring like rainfall, storms, extreme hot or cold weather, etc. you must ensure that you have the remedy for all the problems.
Let’s Talk about the Budget!
Let’s discuss how you can set a budget for a marriage function in abroad and successfully achieve it!
- The scale of the Function – The first and the foremost thing the couple and their families need to finalize the scale of the function and celebrations. Many couples opt for a simple one with a lavish reception party. While some prefer to have a celebration at a larger scale with lots of family and friends!
- Venue – Once you have decided the kind of celebrations you desire to have, you can move to the next another important step i.e. Venue. If you plan to have it in a simple way with few friends and close family, you can choose a venue in the city itself. But if you wish to book a venue for a lavish party, you can either go for a particular destination or book a venue in the countryside where you are free to play loud music.
- Food – The families and the couple should have a prior discussion about the food menu or the cuisine they would like to offer to their guests. Make the final choices and contact a catering agency so as to understand their rates. You can expect a big chunk for this category.
- Clothes and jewelry – Last but not least! Our marriages are incomplete without new clothes and jewelry. Ensure you have saved for them for quite a long time as they are the most expensive ones. Make sure to make the most of it!
These tips will surely make your wedding a memorable one. Happy wedding!