Contact lenses are thin pieces of plastic that fit over the eye and help people with vision problems see better. They are used by millions of people worldwide, with about 50% of adults in the United States wearing them.
The presence of contact lenses has existed for more than decades and has a long history in eye care. However, they became more popular due to advancements in technology and design more recently or last decade.
The reasons to wear contact lenses vary from one person to another. For instance, one can wear contact lenses for vision correction, while others could wear them to create a fashionable statement.
Contact lenses allow people to see better without wearing glasses or contacts. They are a thin protective piece of plastic that fits over the eye and is held in place by the eyelids. The contact lens can also be thin enough to wear under the eyelid, providing a solution for those sensitive to contact lenses touching their eyes.
Table of Contents
5 reasons to wear contact lenses every day
Contact lenses are not just for people with vision problems anymore. People suffering from eyesight, eye strain, and those who like to improve their productivity and sharpness are considering the use of contact lenses. The following five reasons to wear contact lenses will help you understand why you should wear them daily.
- They reduce eyestrain and increase productivity: Many people who wear lenses claim that they can complete their work more quickly because of the less eyestrain they are experiencing. It is the foremost reason to wear contact lenses in the modern world. This can lead to increased productivity at work and improved quality of life. If you feel exhausted because you have been wearing glasses for a long time and want a more effortless, more relaxing experience, lenses can be the solution.
- They improve vision: The second among the five reasons to wear contact lenses is improved vision. People who wear contact lenses claim that they have better eyesight than those who do not. Wearing contact lenses has been proven to increase the sharpness of vision by up to 20%. It has also been shown to prevent myopia development and reduce the risk of developing cataracts.
- They are convenient: The third among the five reasons to wear contact lenses is their convenience. Contact lenses are easy to take on and off, making them more convenient than glasses for most people who wear them every day. In addition, many people find that they can even work while wearing their lenses. Still, you should consult your eye care professional first before wearing your lenses at work.
- They are affordable: Affordability is the fourth among the five reasons to wear contact lenses. They are more affordable than glasses, both short-term and long-term. This is because contact lenses last much longer than glasses before they need to be replaced. Hence, it is possible that you won't need to replace your lenses for several years or decades, depending on how frequently they're worn.
- They offer protection from UV rays: The protection from UV rays is the final among the five reasons to wear contact lenses, which could otherwise cause severe vision problems, including cataracts and eye cancer.
Why should you stop wearing glasses and opt for contacts?
There are three main reasons to wear contact lenses that highlight why one should stop wearing glasses and switch to contacts. These are:
- First, wearing them is more comfortable and convenient than glasses.
- Secondly, they provide better vision as they can be customized to your eyesight.
- Lastly, contacts don't get scratched or broken as glasses do.
There is a misunderstanding that people with poor eyesight should wear glasses instead of lenses because they provide better vision. This is not true because lenses can be customized to match the wearer's vision and provide better vision than glasses without compromising comfortability or convenience.
Contacts are also more durable than glasses, so you don't have to worry about your eyewear getting broken or scratched when you're handling it carelessly.
Are you overpaying for your contact lenses?
There are several reasons to wear contact lenses. However, it can be expensive for people with necessities. In addition, the cost of contact lenses is often challenging to estimate, as it varies depending on the type and brand of lens. If you're not sure if you're getting what you're paying for, some tips can help you determine if your purchase is too high or if the price is fair.
- When purchasing contact lenses, it is advisable to do so from a reputable store. This is important because you may be susceptible to counterfeit lenses, which could harm your vision. In addition, these counterfeit lenses can often contain harmful chemicals, making them unsafe for use and potentially damaging the eye area.
- When buying contacts, it's essential to consider the quality of the lenses. Cheap lenses can be made with inferior materials that don't address your eyes' specific needs, such as astigmatism and short-sightedness. These lenses often make it difficult for you to see clearly and could even lead to an infection in the eye.
- The quality of contact lenses is determined by how well they are made. Therefore, it's best to go with a reputable brand that can provide you with the proper lenses for your eye needs.
How to prevent overpaying for contact lenses?
The following tips will help you avoid overpaying when you make a purchase for contact lenses:
- The first step is to research and compare the different options available to you.
- Identify which contact lens brand you prefer and find out if they have coupons or discounts that you can use to save money on the lenses.
- Look into the discount contacts such as "fashion month" or "sale of the week" to save more money.
Caring for your contacts
Contacts are necessary for most people, but they can be a challenge to care for. The different reasons to wear contact lenses helped everyone understand how important it is to wear them. At the same time, it's essential to know how to take care of your contacts and ensure that you're using the best contact lens brand.
Many people choose optical contact lenses because of their popularity and ability to provide better vision than glasses. Additionally, contact lenses act as a shield against harmful UV rays and correct nearsightedness, presbyopia, farsightedness, and astigmatism.
The best way to get the maximum potential out of the contact lenses is by taking care of them properly. You can do this by cleaning your lenses every day with a solution that's safe for them. Cleaning your contact lenses daily is an excellent way to keep them in good condition and prevent infection.
You can use a solution of saline water or solution and hydrogen peroxide to clean your lenses. You should only apply the solution directly to the surface of your lenses and not inside them. Hydrogen peroxide is a strong oxidizer that works well with contact lens solutions. However, hydrogen peroxide should not be swallowed and kept away from the eyes.
Wearing contact lenses and their benefits
Of the different reasons to wear contact lenses, the primary purpose is to reduce the risk of eye infections. With regular contact lens care, you can avoid the risk of developing any sort of infection. The benefits of wearing contacts are endless. They can help you see better in different light conditions and protect your eyes from harmful UV rays.
Contact lenses are more affordable than glasses and can be worn for longer periods without worrying about the lens drying out or getting dirty. In addition, contact lenses are more convenient than glasses because they don't have any hinges or frames that can rub against your skin or cause discomfort.
What are the best reasons to wear contact lenses today?
You improve your eye health and enhance your vision by using contact lenses. They can also help you with dry eye and other eye-related issues. If you haven't considered using them, then the following reasons to wear contact lenses will help you start today.
- The first one is because contact lenses are simple to use, either for regular or special occasions. They're also safe and convenient, so you don't have to worry about taking them out of the case and cleaning them before use.
- The second reason is that they can help you find the perfect prescription for your eyes. If you've been wearing a different eye prescription or brand of contacts for a while, now is the time to ensure that it's the best choice by getting yourself fitted with new lenses.
- The third reason is that they can help fight dry eye. If you have dry eyes, wearing contacts can help reduce the signs and symptoms of dry eye and improve vision.
- The fourth reason is that they are a great way to enhance your appearance and make you feel more confident.
The contact lens is one of the most valuable inventions in history. It has played a role in improving eyesight and preventing complications such as goggle haze, dryness, and infection. Furthermore, they can now provide solutions for people experiencing more significant eye health issues such as high myopia and astigmatism. As you have acquired complete knowledge about the importance and several reasons to wear contact lenses, it is time to switch from traditional glasses!