Whether the sip of joy or despair, tequila is a drink that stays by your side no matter what. Tequila is a Mexican delight that is popular all over the world. It is extracted from a plant known as Blue Agave and is a drink that is definitely not a healthy drink. But do you know it is an alcoholic beverage? Tequila has several benefits. Are you shocked, just like I’m? Well, no, cause tequila has a lot of benefits that it offers. Without blabbering much, let’s just get started with the article and discuss the benefits of tequila.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF TEQUILA?
Tequila was first introduced in the 16th century, and since then, it has become a popular drink which is great, and it’s also not that cheap. Authentic tequila tastes a bit earthy, sweet and salty, which makes it interesting. You might not like the taste of it on the first go, but eventually, you will. Tequila is not served in the form of a regular drink in a glass. It is served in small tequila glasses and is over-recognized as shots. But today, we are going to discuss the health benefits that you can get through having this yummy drink.
- It helps in increasing your digestion level. Shot before a meal or shot after boosts metabolism and urges one to eat properly. Also, a shot after the meal helps in digestion, and it is proven as a lot of people believe it works great.
- Tequila is also known as a prebiotic and which cultures good bacteria and helps in keeping the intestine in a better state. If it’s prebiotic, it helps the good bacteria to thrive in the intestine. Also, keep in mind that this won’t work like curd or Yakult works. So keep this in mind.
- It is not scientifically proven, but it is known that tequila helps in curing insomnia as it calms down the nerves and is a great tip for inducing sleep for sleep-deprived people. Though it is not a good thing to rely on any kind of alcoholic beverage on a regular basis. But here’s another reason that adds to why tequila is better!
- It doesn’t give a major hangover, and you can enjoy this without worrying about being absolutely sloshed. As tequila doesn’t really make your mind blank. Though it’s not healthy, definitely a better option to opt for.
- As research was held days back, according to reports, people who drink alcohol in greater amount has a chance of having dementia sooner or later. But if you intake tequila whenever you want to drink, it may lower the chances of dementia later. As a matter, it is a good alternative to other drinks that are available.
- It is said that tequila can help you burn some calories, or it can even help you to lose weight. Tequila has some natural sugar which is known as agavins. This tequila doesn’t really affect your blood sugar levels, and it stimulates metabolism. It also dissolves sugar.
- Great for your guts and bones. Tequila is considered as good for bone health. (deanstreetsociety.com) The same mineral from the drink, which is the agavin agent helps in aiding the body in calcium and magnesium absorption. This helps in curing brittle bones and fragile bone structures. But you need to get this straight even tequila, when consumed in higher concentration, can result in osteoporosis which decreases bone health. So you need to maintain a proper balance while you get associated with any alcoholic beverage.
- Works splendidly for diabetic patients. As I mentioned earlier, agavin helps in dissolving sugar levels and doesn’t increase your blood sugar levels. Rather than gas lighting your blood sugar levels, it increases natural insulin levels. As you might reach out to tequila if you wanna drink rather than those drinks which trigger your blood sugar levels.
- This is a good alternative for people who are health conscious and health freaks. This comes with only 69 calories per ounce and a zero-carb rate. It might be a good one for you to dive in.
- Fights cholesterol like it’s your best friend fighting for you. As tequila naturally contains fiber in the drink, it reduces cholesterol levels. As it helps in reducing the triglyceride proportion in the blood.
- As studies suggest, earlier Tequila was used to treat coughs and seasonal colds. In the early 1930s in Mexico. They used this proportion of Agavin nectar, lime juice, and tequila to treat this. So it is considered a great medicine for treating seasonal colds.
- Tequila doesn’t make you gain weight like other drinks.
- Used as a drug absorbatory drink, tequila is a great win. It creates a protective barrier to help the medicine reach every corner of your body properly and work effectively. This is just great!
The Process of Tequila Glow Up : How Is It Made
It is harvested once a while every 10 years. A bulb grows deep down under the soil which is specifically harvested and saved. The bulb is often known as Pina. Later the Pina is baked in an oven. They used some different methods earlier but now they bake this bulb in the oven where the starch is converted into sugar while baking.
Later they crush this Pina and takes out sugary substance through it. They add an adequate amount of water and yeast to convert this sugary substance into an alcoholic drink. Later it is distilled to bring out a clean mixture. Now it gets ready for aging and it is kept in Oak barrels to age. It takes approximately 2-3 months for them to age and for us to taste them.
Different Types of Tequila that you Can Get
Let’s take a look at different types of tequila that is available in the market. Well I’m sure a lot of people don’t know the names of the different variants but this is quite interesting.
- Tequila Joven
- Tequila Blanco
- Tequila Reposado
- Tequila Anejo
- Extra Anejo
People Who Should Avoid Tequila
- pregnant or lactating women
- Youngsters if you are under the legal drinking age
- If you are on serious medication for some complications.
- if you are an addict.
It’s time to wrap things up. I hope this article about the benefits of tequila was informative, relevant, and crisp. Do remember that we don’t promote drinking by any means. These are just mere facts or studies. Pen down your thoughts down below and till the next time take care.
Marlene Anthony is a passionate word knitter who aims to explore all spheres as a content creator. Writing gives her utmost happiness as it helps her explore herself and pour her vision and thoughts into words. Besides, she spends time reading, exploring the mountains, and designing her home during her leisure time, making the most of her available options.